No two days are ever alike for mother, entrepreneur and photographer Samantha Fong. She is constantly juggling several roles, transitioning from parent to businesswoman to creative with effortless ease. “I wouldn’t have it any other way,” she says. Despite constant demands at work and at home, she finds joy and a sense of fulfilment in all that she does. She is testament to that adage that when you do what you love, you will never work a day in your life.
- How did you come to find your current career or life’s work?
I have always wanted to do events but never had the guts to open my own business. Having my second child gave me the push I needed to start Nestology and have my own time. From events, I naturally extended to offering photography.
- What is it about your work or career that you enjoy most?
Being able to make families happy. I love working with them and creating and capturing their milestones.
- For women who aspire for similar careers, what would be your advice?
Always put the clients first and you can never go wrong. Have a great relationship with each, to make the entire experience more meaningful and enjoyable.
- What are the career milestones that inspire you to break the glass or mold?
I think every happy family inspires me to do better everyday. Seeing how what I do can give so much joy to parents and the children motivates me to make sure every project gets my 101% attention.
- How do you balance work and family life? What are activities that enable you to bond with family?
I’m a workaholic so I need to be extra mindful about not stretching myself too much. Also, the nature of my work requires me to work on weekends. Thankfully, my husband and my kids are so understanding about it and I try to do my work when they’re at school or at work, and I try to bring them with me to shoots or parties if I can. I mindfully carve out time to just snuggle and do something with them everyday.
- How do you unwind or rewind? Any favorite spots in your current city that you consider as your me-time haven?
It’s really spending time with my kids and husband. We hike and explore together whenever we can. We love going on Wilson Trail 2 and, when the beaches are open, we usually just hang out at South Bay Beach.
- How would you describe your personal style? What are three your wardrobe essentials
I am very casual with a minimalist sensibility. Pants are on my top wardrobe essentials.
- What for you makes for a good investment piece? Kindly cite examples of pieces in your current wardrobe.
Clothes are pretty much a non-issue with me as I usually end up with messes and stains anyway. I dress up my look with a good pair of shoes, bag and jewelry.
- What do pearls mean to you
Pearls always remind me of home and how beautiful the Philippines is. Pearls also embody this easy and natural sophistication that elevate any look.